Am I supposed to type something here? What's this for?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My fav hobby

One of my daughters wants to be a cop. She took the written exam and passed, and is taking the physical assessment tomorrow a.m. She wants to go "shooting" so she can "get more familiar with it". That's cool.

I sent her and another kiddie or two a few videos about how awefull life can be for a cop, especially dying by gunshots... Not trying to talk them or her out of it, but making sure she has thought about it carefully. She states she's considered it completely, and well, she's got a brain cell so I'll just have to put up with her having such a terribly dangerous and stressful job.

Anyway, we've gone shooting before. What I'm gunna do is have her over and have her learn and concentrate on two primary safety rules (there are more, I know) as we disassemble, reassemble and become familiar with the operation of a Glock. Glocks rule, BTW. My intention is to get her familiar with how the gun works, possible malfuctions, disassembly, care and cleaning, reassembly all with those pesky two primary rules: 1) Finger OFF the trigger until you are ready to fire the weapon, and 2) NEVER point the weapon at anything you do not want to kill or destroy. Period.

The police department here authorizes .40 cal glocks, purchased by the recruit. I'm hoping she picks up a longer slide glock, perhaps compensated for faster on-target follow up shots. If she has a longer barrel the bullet should develop effective velocity before the pressure bleeds off out the ports.

Be good, and may 4500 jihadist's meet their beloved end every day till they are all gone! Yes, I am a proud infidel!

1 comment:

  1. Infidels are not so bad, hell, I'm one also! Keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete