Am I supposed to type something here? What's this for?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A day off

A day off, well, a night off. I took a wonderfully complicated and yet mildy neurotic job for the county a few months ago. A position complete with a majorly authoritarian management. Been training now and am again training on nights. -yawn. My wife is at work on second shift, either crocheting or reading mags between help alerts for a major international communications company. My two dogs, Trix and Tilly, a white Rat Terrier and black Min Pin are close at hand making sure I know they miss the mommy!

It's 7:13 p.m. right now. I've got season two of "Sons on Anarchy" to finish, another beer to get and a couple of wonderfully vacant hours to put my skills in doing nothing to work. See, you are reading just such a result right now!

Just got done with an interview, got the job. Not quite as much pay but much, much less stress and a guarantee of second shift and am to start in two plus weeks. Sooo, if my current sweat swamp with its built in nazi "never admit a good job done" regime doesn't hold true on the second shift note or if it becomes intollerable the next few weeks, or if my performance continues to be barely acceptable without the current improvement on my part, I have an escape.

Time to get a cold one out, put the "Sons of Anarchy" dvd in and veg. Melody, if you are out there, I hope you are having a good night and that you are still seeing Caleb regulary!

No comments:

Post a Comment